What does 2012 hold for the world of social media? We took a look in our crystal ball and predict that digital media like videos and smartphone usage will grow. In a recent US Digital Media Usage report, eMarketer estimates how digital media usage will grow in 2012 in terms of the Internet, mobile, social, video, and ecommerce. These stats will blow your mind!
- In 2012, more than 3/4 of the total population will be online in 2012
- Smartphone users will reach 106.7 million in 2012, up from 18.4% in 2011
- Mobile Internet users will reach 113.9 million in 2012, up from 97.3 million in 2011
- Tablet users will reach 54.8 million in 2012, up from 33.7 million in 2011
- Facebook will reach 143.4 million US users in 2012, up from 132.5 million in 2011
- About 2/3 of web users will use social networks in 2012
- Online video viewers will reach 169.3 million in 2012
Wow! What do you think will stand out for social media this year?