Jumping into a social media marketing strategy with out a plan is a bad idea. Taking a little time to really think about how to execute your strategy is a good idea. Got it?
If you're not sure where to start, Buffer has come up with questions to help steer you down the best path for your social media strategy. Ask these questions before you begin:
- What do you hope to achieve with social media?
- Who is your target audience?
- What topics and information are important to them?
- What problems can you help them solve?
- What is your brand voice?
- What is the tone of your social media updates?
- What types of content best support your social media marketing mission?
- What are the main topics or categories that support your brand?
- Who should maintain my company's social media accounts?
- How often should I post new content?
- How does social media fit in with our other marketing campaigns
- How will you measure ROI and define success with your social media strategy?
You can see the full list of questions here. What questions would you add to this list to define your social media strategy?