'Tis the season for holiday social media marketing! The holidays are a great time to connect with current and potential customers. The theme of kindness and sharing is all around us and your social media marketing should reflect your holiday spirit. We know that sometimes the toughest part of putting together a marketing plan is getting started, so we've compiled a list of holiday content ideas for you.
Use this list to jump-start your December holiday social media marketing:
- Post gift ideas/guides broken down by gender/age/price
- Share your holiday traditions
- Offer advice on various holiday challenges (wrapping, cooking, dealing with in-laws)
- Thank your customers
- Ask fans to share their favorite gift as a kid
- Post pictures of your gift wrapping
- Create a poll of favorite holiday traditions
- Highlight your seasonal services
- Ask fans to share pictures of giving gifts from your store
- Guess how many ornaments are in a jar
- Create 'How To' guides of your products/services
- Share photos of what it looks like outside your window (weather, decorations)
- Host an ugly sweater contest
- Share behind the scenes photos of decorating your store or the company holiday party
- Ask fans to share photos of recent purchases
- Donate proceeds from a certain shopping day to a local charity
- Create deals specifically for fans and followers
- Share your favorite holiday recipes on Twitter in 140 characters or less
- Record a holiday YouTube video with a hidden discount code
You can download a printable version of this list to use when planning your holiday social media marketing campaigns.
How are you using social media to celebrate the holidays? Share your ideas in the comment box below.