Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married... at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle to be exact!
Prince Harry, currently fifth in line to the British throne, and Miss Meghan Markle, beloved American actress and activist, are set to wed this coming May. There is much to do in order to prepare for the grand day from conventional wedding preparations like finalizing the guest list to unconventional arrangements such as becoming a UK citizen to… well… become a member of Britain's most noble family. Additionally, there is speculation that Miss Markle will receive etiquette lessons from the royal family, and there is no doubt she will learn from the best! We can also learn from the beloved bunch. Here are 5 social media lessons your small business can acquire from the royal family:
1. Never lose your temper - Throughout the years, the family has certainly acquired their fair share of scandalous press and negative commentary, yet they have always responded with grace. When faced with a PR crisis or criticism, it is important to remain poised.
2. Don't forget to have fun - Although the family comes from an overall formal lifestyle, they’re always poking fun at themselves and joking around with the public. They are relatable and people love them for that. Don’t take yourself too seriously and throw some humor into your content!
3. Giving back is its own reward - All of the family, including the late Princess Diana, have directly contributed to the common good of mankind. They constantly partake in a variety of programs and make time for those who need to be uplifted, for this they are admired. Followers notice and respect businesses that are charitable or care for a cause. Share what you care for!
4. Be gracious to your adorning followers - The royal family is never snooty with visitors. Prince William once stated, “The most important thing you can do is to be interested”, when he discussed his role as a public figure. This is true whether you are of royalty or run a business. Make time to acknowledge your loyal followers’ comments or give away a small appreciation gift.
5. Share great photos - It’s unlikely you’ll see any members of the royal family looking scattered in family or paparazzi photos. Keep images on your social media profiles organized, attractive, and always stylin’!
So, whether you’re royal-wedding-obsessed or not, keep in mind these 5 simple lessons to achieve a simply stupendous social media presence for your small business!