Twitter is a great way to stay up-to-date with what's happening around the world however, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the blasts of political rants that continuously pop up on your newsfeed. Luckily, Twitter provides a simple way to block out the content you prefer not to see so you can make way for posts you actually enjoy.
Here's how to mute a word on Twitter:
From the Twitter app:
- Go to your Notifications tab
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Muted words
- Tap + Add muted word or phrase
- Type in the words or hashtags you'd like to mute
- Tap Save
- Tap Done
- You will see the mute icon next to each entered word or hashtag
From your desktop:
- Click Settings from your profile image drop-down
- Click Notifications
- Click Mute specific words from your Notifications
- Enter the words or hashtags you'd like to mute
- Click Add
- You will see a Muted button next to each entered word or hashtag.
See how easy it is to block out fake news?! Mute annoying words or hashtags and you're on your way to a stress-free feed!