Have you heard people stressing the importance of things being FBO (Facebook Official)? A lot of people love when others publicly update their relationship status, job status, or any other life event on Facebook. Your business page should receive the same amount of attention by being FBO - in other words, you should verify your businesses's Facebook page.
What is a verified page?
A verified page is a feature that allows certain Facebook pages to receive a verification "badge". There are two types of verification : a gray badge and a blue badge. A business page with a gray badge means that the page was confirmed as an authentic business by Facebook. Similarly, a blue badge shows authenticity and assures users they're following a brand they can trust. While both represent having a real brand, people commonly associate a blue badge with larger businesses.
How to verify your Facebook page
- Before you start the verification process, make sure your page includes a website, contact information, an "About" description, and a lot of original/business-related content.
- Go to your Page’s settings, and then go to “General.”
- You’ll see the option for “Page Verification” if you have the ability to get your Page verified.
- Click "Verify this Page".
- Your verification will be instant or you will receive two options to verify your page:
- The first option is verifying your business with a phone number
- The second option, you upload documents that show that you legally own the business: this includes business licenses, tax files, or articles of incorporation. Facebook will review them manually before approval.
Option 1 : Phone Number
Option 2 : Documents
When will I be verified?
The verification process can take anywhere from 48 hours to 45 days, especially for the blue badge of verification; the gray badge typically takes much less time. Just be patient! Once your business page is officially approved, you'll show up higher in search results to attract more visitors and have a FBO verified badge!